Welcome to the SyndiCrowd Funding, LLC investment platform.
Table of Contents
- 1. Summary of Services Provided
- 2. Acceptance of Terms & How they can change
- 3. Eligibility
- 5. Registration
- 6. Use of Website & Code of Conduct
- 7. Monitoring
- 8. nvestment Risk & Warning Waiver
- 9. Content Submissions
- 10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
- 11. SyndiCrowd Funding, LLC Intellectual Property
- 12. Confidentiality
- 13. Third-Party Sites
- 14. Disclaimer of Warranties
- 15. Limitations of Liability
- 16. Indemnity
- 17. Notifications and Communications
- 18. Reports and Complaints
- 19. Disputes & User ID Termination
- 20. Assignment
- 21. Governing Law
- 22. Mandatory Arbitration & Class Action Terms
- 23. Other Agreements & Miscellaneous
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION
PROVISIONS CONTAINED WITHIN, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
1. Summary of Service Provided
This website is an electronic platform where prospective investors can browse investment opportunities and make investment decisions from amongst those opportunities. Prospective investors can also participate in blogs and chat rooms, read educational materials, and take advantage of other features that we might add from time to time. We refer to what we do on the Site as the “Service” SyndiCrowd Funding, LLC (the “Company”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) provides to Users. We refer to anyone who uses the Site, even just to browse, as a “User.”
We refer to the images, text, and other content you see on the Site as “Content.” On some parts of the Site, Users can upload Content.
2. Acceptance of Terms & How they can change
If you use the Site, even just to browse, you will be deemed to have given your consent to agree to the terms of this Agreement. We may also ask you to indicate your consent more formally by checking a box or otherwise taking an affirmative action.
The Company reserves the right to change, suspend, or discontinue the Service or any of its features at any time for any reason. The Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Service without notice or liability.
We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and/or change our eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in those jurisdictions.
In addition, we may ask that you agree to other terms and conditions depending on your use of the Site. All of such other terms and conditions become part of this Agreement.
There are no agreements or understandings concerning your use of the Site that are not reflected in this Agreement. This Agreement supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and the Company with respect to the Service.
Users can browse this Site without registering, but as a condition of using certain aspects of the Service, you may be required to register with the Company and select a screen name (“User ID”) and password. In agreement with these terms, users promise to provide accurate, complete, and updated registration information. You shall not use as a User ID any name or term that (i) Is the name of another person, with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) Is subject to any rights of another person, without appropriate authorisation; or (iii) Is offensive, vulgar, or obscene. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse registration of or cancel a User ID.
You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password for the Site. We will treat anyone who uses your User ID and password as "you" for all purposes, and we will hold you responsible for the activities of the person using your password. You must not allow any other person to use your account, nor will you use the account of any other User. You are liable for any charges, damages or losses incurred by you or us as a result of your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your user name or password. You will immediately notify the Company in writing of any unauthorised use of your account, or other known account-related security breach.
Registering as an investor, in order to become Accredited (an “Accredited Investor”) is another process, to protect you as an investor and ensure you meet the eligibility criteria to make investments through this Site. Registering as an Accredited Investor means you are over 18, or the minimum legal age in your jurisdiction to make investment decisions, and you have made every effort to show you have the requisite net worth to make these investments, which also implies that we have gone through our relevant verification processes.
6. Use of Website & Code of Conduct
Use this Site is only for the purpose for which it was intended, i.e., to engage, browse and interact with the Service and Content provided. You will not use the Site for any other purpose, whether personal or commercial. The Service is provided only for your own personal, non-commercial use, except as otherwise provided. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Service.
· Upload, email, or otherwise transmit any images or other Content electronically that are unlawful, obscene, harmful, hateful, invade the privacy of any third party, contain nudity or pornography, or are otherwise objectionable to Users.
· Disseminate materials that impact or invade the privacy of other Users or those who do not use this Site, such as photographs, videos, live video recordings, audio recordings, personally identifiable information, or other electronic materials that reveal personal, private, or sensitive information about another person, company, or organisation, without that person, companies, or organisation’s prior written consent.
· Submit material that is intentionally false, defamatory, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing.
· Upload, email, or otherwise transmit Content that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
· Infringe any third parties copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
· Transmit materials that contain any viruses or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information from this Site, the Service provided or Third-party Websites, software programmes, web or phone-based applications.
· Use the Service to artificially generate traffic or page links for any Third-party website, app, game or social network.
· Use the Service in a manner that breaches any legal duty owed to a third party, including but not limited to a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Use the Site in a manner that could disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site, including but not limited to, sending “spam” emails and electronic messages.
· Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through “hacking,” “data harvesting,” or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through the Site and Service provided.
· Use the Site to violate any law, statute, or regulation (including but not limited to those governing securities regulation, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising) or for any other unlawful purpose.
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by the Company, at its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Company’s or its third-party providers’ infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures the Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam" on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of this Site.
You shall not directly or indirectly: (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations.
Enforcement. At our sole discretion, we reserve all rights to enforce the Code of Conduct described above, wherever we become aware of violations and deem enforcement to be necessary. However, we do not necessarily monitor the Site for violations and are not liable for any harm or damages caused to Users by another User’s violation of the Code of Conduct. If you believe the Code of Conduct is being violated, please contact us: email@example.com.
We reserve the right monitor your use of the Site, including email, and other Content you transmit through the Site; (ii) remove, edit, or refuse to post Content; (iii) restrict access from certain third-party websites or other resources, when published as Content; and (iv) take any other actions we deem necessary in our sole discretion to protect our community of Users, Content and our resources. You cannot expect that communications through the Site will remain private from us.
8. Investment Risk & Warning Waiver
Past financial performance of assets and loans, as indicated on this website, is not a guarantee of future returns. Any financial projections or potential returns on this website are examples only and accredited investors should conduct their own due diligence and not rely purely on financial projections or estimates displayed on this website.
SyndiCrowd offers accredited investors the opportunity to invest in loans secured by real estate, consumer and auto-backed loan pools. However, SyndiCrowd Funding Limited Liability Corporation (LLC), does not offer or provide financial advice, make suggestions, endorse, promote or make any recommendations regarding the appropriateness of particular opportunities for any Investor. We are not investment advisors. Each investor must make their own investment decisions, either after conducting due diligence, or speaking with their personal financial advisor, thereby determining how suitable each investment is for their own financial needs and goals.
Although SyndiCrowd, LLC, makes every reasonable effort to ensure due diligence is conducted, with loans double protected, there is an acknowledged level of risk associated with every investment. Fluctuations in the value of backing assets are to be expected, along with additional risks. These exist due to a variety of factors, notwithstanding and not limited to leverage, the management and upkeep of property, the value of real estate, business risks, and environmental liabilities. Investors need to be fully aware that there is a risk that part or ALL of the investment capital could be lost; regardless of the safeguards we SyndiCrowd, LLC have created, including the option to swap a poorly performing loan for one that performs better.
Investors should therefore only consider making investments if the capital put at risk, will not, in any appreciable way, diminish personal or business financial stability. The liquidity should not be required, and investors should be able to withstand the loss of the entire investment, should a combination of worst case factors occur.
SyndiCrowd acknowledges that, like other private placement platforms, neither the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) nor any federal or state securities commission or any other regulatory authority has recommended, reviewed or approved the accuracy or inaccuracy of any of the information provided on this website from the investment opportunities provided.
We may provide financial projections for some of the investment opportunities listed on the Site. All such financial projections are only estimates based on current conditions and current assumptions. The actual result of any investment is likely to be different than the original projection, often by a large amount. Neither Syndicrowd Funding, LLC, nor anyone else guarantees the results reflected in financial projections.
9. Content Submissions
Users can submit Content (such as by posting on blogs or discussion boards), including solicitations for Investment opportunities, subject to the following guidelines:
· You grant to us and other Users a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license, under Our (“the Company”) intellectual property rights, to copy, reformat, index, modify, display, distribute and put to commercial and other uses your Content, and to sublicense the same rights to others, with or without compensation. No compensation will be paid to you for any such use.
· Your privacy is not protected with respect to any Content you submit, including but not limited to your name, address, images. We cannot guaranty that that other Users will use your Content in an appropriate or fair manner, or in a manner otherwise anticipated by you. Please use caution.
· You will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party caused by your Content.
· If you suggest improvements to the Site, we may use your suggestions without acknowledging that they came from you or compensating you, as a User, for making the suggestion.
· The Company reserves the right, at any time, for any reason, and without notice, to block, remove, edit, or modify any Content you submit. The Company reserves the right not to comment on the reasons for any of these actions.
10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
The Company will, without reservation or prejudice, remove any Content or materials, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA"), if properly notified in writing that Content infringes copyright. Your notice must contain the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel, or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3), for more information):
· An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
· A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
· A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, sufficient for the Company to locate the material;
· Your address, telephone number, and email address;
· A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and;
· A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
If you believe that your work has been removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, please notify the Company’s copyright agent in writing. Your counter-notice must contain the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(g)(3), for more information):
· A physical or electronic signature of the user of the Services;
· Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
· A statement made under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; and;
· The User's name, address, telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subscriber (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
· Under the Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing or was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If you fail to comply with these notice requirements, your notification or counter-notification may not be valid. Please submit your notice of copyright infringement to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. SyndiCrowd Funding LLC Intellectual Property
The Company owns or has the legal right to use all of the intellectual property associated with the Site and the Services, except for any IP improperly used under the DCMA, which will be deleted in accordance with written notification. This includes, but is not limited to, our name, our trademarks and copyrights, the design of the Site, our trade secrets, our business methods, any artwork, text, video, photographs, or audio used on the Site, and our logos, tag lines, and other pieces of Content. You have no interest in any of this intellectual property, other than the right (which we may terminate or suspend) to use the Site and the Services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You shall not duplicate, publish, display, distribute, modify, create derivative works from, or exploit our intellectual property in any way.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the Company has adopted a policy of, in appropriate circumstances, terminating User accounts that are repeat infringers of the intellectual property rights of others. The Company also may terminate User accounts even based on a single infringement.
The term “Confidential Information” means information (i) that is designated as “Confidential” or “Proprietary” at the time of disclosure or within a reasonable period - deemed a timescale whereby the information could be used for personal or professional gain - thereafter, (ii) that is only available to Users who have registered at the Site, or (iii) a reasonable person would understand to be Confidential.
Confidential Information includes our business policies or practices, strategic plans, pricing, financial information and projections, marketing information and strategies, the names of Users of the Site, information relating to projects listed on the Site, including but not limited to the names of project sponsors, and information received from third parties that we are obligated to treat as confidential.
Users shall, at all times, keep all Confidential Information in confidence, and not use Confidential Information for any purpose other than as directed by the Site and Services provided. You will use at least the same degree of care in safeguarding Confidential Information as you use in safeguarding your own confidential information and trade secrets, such as your social security number and secret business plans.
Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, you may disclose Confidential Information if you are required to do so by legal process, provided that you promptly notify us in advance so we can seek a protective order or other legal relief.
13. Third-Party Sites
The Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to this Site. When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. Those other websites are not under the Company's control, and you acknowledge that the Company is not liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness, or any other aspect of those other websites or resources. The inclusion on another website of any link to the Site does not imply endorsement by or affiliation with the Company. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any damage related to the use of any content, goods, or services available through any third-party website or resource.
On third-party Sites or this Website, you will not disparage the Company, the Site, or any other User.
14. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
Without limiting the preceding paragraph, the Company, and its directors, employees, agents, suppliers, partners, and content and service providers do not warrant that (i) the Service will be secure or available at any particular time or location; (ii) any defects or errors will be corrected; (iii) any content or software available at or through the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or (iv) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements. Your use of the Service is solely at your own risk. Some states or countries do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice (18 USC §2701-2711): THE COMPANY MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE. The Company will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on the Company’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
15. Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. Notifications and Communications
Using the Services provided through this Site means we will communicate and send notifications through email, to the email address associated with your User ID (“account”). We also reserve the right, unless notified otherwise, to send an SMS (text message), or letter, using the U.S. Postal Service. The Company waives all liability associated with or arising from your failure to continue to provide us with accurate contact information. Please update your details through your User account or email: email@example.com.
18. Reports and Complaints
19. Disputes & User ID Termination
You may not assign any part of your interest in this Agreement, or transfer your User account to another person. The Company may assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
21. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas and the United States of America (USA), without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods.
You agree that the Company and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the Company, or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assignees, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
22. Mandatory Arbitration & Class Action Terms
In accordance with these Terms, you agree that:
· Any claim we may have against you arising out of your activities with respect to the Site, other than Excluded Claims (as defined below), shall similarly be resolved exclusively by arbitration.
· This arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and conducted before a single arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by AAA ("Rules and Procedures") (available at http://www.adr.org).
· The arbitration shall be held in Austin, Texas, or at another location that you and we select by mutual agreement.
· There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis. The arbitrator is authorised to decide only your or our individual claims; and he or she shall not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated (the "Individual-Claims-Only Requirement").
The term “Excluded Claims” means:
· A claim where we allege that you have infringed upon our intellectual property or the intellectual property of any third party.
· Claims arising from your investment in a specific project.
· Claims explicitly covered by another agreement.
· Claims between you and another User.
· Any claim of any nature, if the Individual-Claims-Only Requirement is determined to be invalid.
· Excluded Claims may be subject to arbitration if, and only if, a separate agreement so provides. Otherwise, Excluded Claims shall be adjudicated through the court system.
It is also agreed that, by entering into this Agreement, you and SyndiCrowd, LLC are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of this Agreement. You and SyndiCrowd, LLC AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
23. Other Agreements & Miscellaneous
You consent to receive from the Company all communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures, or other information in connection with the Services electronically. The Company may provide the electronic notices by posting them on the Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Services.
This Agreement shall continue to apply even if you are no longer a User.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced, provided that each party can obtain substantially all of the benefits contemplated initially. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our rights with respect to subsequent breaches.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, the Site, or the Services, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.